Tuesday, July 22, 2014

AASL Best Websites Spotlight: Canva


My website spotlight for today from the AASL Best Websites for Teaching and Learning 2014 list is Canva. Canva is a design tool for a variety of media. You can design your own posters, flyers, cards, invitations, ads, or digital designs for social media like Twitter and Facebook banners. Canva is free to join, and has many free images, but also has many images that are one dollar each, so you can spend more to get higher quality images. However, I think uploading images is the way to go. While making some designs in Canva, I could easily upload my own pictures to include. There are many background layouts available for the different types of designs, as well as patterned backgrounds and interesting text boxes. It has tutorials and a design challenge when you sign up to help you figure things out, but it is so easy to use that these are really just for fun. I think this website would be great for making flyers for different school events or clubs. There is one design choice for Kindle book covers, so it would be a great tool for making alternate book covers for display in a classroom or library.

Here's the simple Twitter header I made for my Twitter page:

1 comment:

  1. Thank you! Canva revolutionised my work. I work as a PR & marketing manager in hospitality and I don’t have a big marketing budget, so Canva is perfect for me. 1$ for picture is not so much but I can create some nice offers for our clients. Here you have an example of my work: http://www.dwor.pl/pl/klienci_biznesowi/spotkania_wigilijne/ and it was only for 2 $ It’s a nice alternative for Shutterstock etc. Fonts are beautiful, it is very creative thinking to learn how to mix them. I use it also on my personal blog

    ReplyDelete