Monday, July 21, 2014

AASL Best Websites Spotlight: Recite This


My website spotlight for today from the AASL Best Websites for Teaching and Learning 2014 is Recite This. It is a very simple tool for creating a nice display for quotes. All you do is type in the quote, then choose a template, and it creates the page for you. The image of the page can be downloaded, shared on social media, or emailed. It is that easy, and free. I already created a couple for displaying in my classroom. I think this could also be used in a variety of ways in the classroom. Students could write a one sentence description or summary of a concept or reading for quick assessment, which can then be displayed in the classroom. Students could keep their page in their notebook for quick review as well. Another idea would be asking students to find a quote related to a theme, or choose a favorite quote from a book they have read. These would be great for student-created bulletin boards. 

Here's one of the quotes about writing (from Stephen King) I made for my classroom:



2 comments:

  1. Tara I really liked this site as well and plan to use it for book quotes too. I'm glad you chose to write about it. I love your Stephen King poster. It's EXCELLENT for encouraging student writing. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this site is great too! I would love to use it for a classroom rules set of posters. It will be fun to look for good quotes!

    ReplyDelete