Friday, August 1, 2014

Reflection: Technology I've Learned This Summer

I consider myself to be fairly tech-savvy. I try to keep up with the technologies available to me at my school, and I use technology often in the classroom. My students submit their essays, and I comment on them, through Google Drive. I have students create presentations on the computer and do research through our school databases. Some techie assignments we have done in the classroom include creating podcasts and collaborative websites. Other teachers have come to me for advice on how to do things on their computers. However, I have learned so many online tools this summer that I feel like I knew so little before. I feel proud of what I have accomplished and how many tools I have tested this summer, and I know I will go back to school more confident in my tech skills, and equipped with many new project ideas. I now know of many more ways to share information online and to get my students doing the same. That's a great feeling to have as the end of summer approaches rapidly. I'm in the position right now that I am preparing for my long-term sub to start the school year for me, but I feel good about my abilities to communicate online and keep updated with everything I will need to do. 

4 comments:

  1. I feel the same way about where I was, and now what I have learned. I am so energized for the new year with the many things we learned this summer in my toolkit. I'm so glad you feel prepared for your long term sub to begin the year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt pretty tech savvy, too, before this class. I can not believe how much I didn't know! I know we will all be jazzed to get back to work to employ all the knowledge we gained! Enjoy your little one first, though!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Preparing for a sub can be so hard! You will blow your students away when you return with all of your new knowledge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel the same way. I thought I knew a lot more than I realized this semester. I love going back to school with fresh ideas.

    ReplyDelete