Monday, May 26, 2014

Boy reading sketch created at SnapsTouch

Lost by Tim Pierce (CC BY)
Modified
Here is the same boy reading, but for this one I turned it into a sketch.  I had originally tried using dumpr.com, which looked promising, but kept getting server errors when I tried to upload.  Maybe their servers are having a bad day.  I really wanted to create a sketch type of picture though, so I found snapstouch.com, and it worked perfectly.  It has several options, but I used the Sketch effect, and changed it to the darker option.  I think this would be a fun website to use for art class, because students could sketch-ify any photo they want, print, and then color it!  I could even print out copies for them to work on shading and value.  

5 comments:

  1. The sketch effect is a favorite of mine - it looks great with this photo.I need to give snapstouch.com a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your idea of turning pictures into sketches for kids to color. That would lead to great discussions about what colors and styles evoke different moods. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great find - thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. a simple tool to draw anything onloine i.e. online sketchpad..
    www.arcksetch.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. ReelFlip is an online tool to retouch photo in batch. Retouching with ReelFlip is simple and quick. Reelflip has many features to give a new look to your image. You can convert your photo to sketch, painting, outline effect, you an also add watermark on image. Tool is free for processing first few images to evaluate the software.
    www.reelflip.com

    ReplyDelete