Monday, May 26, 2014

Reading Poster created at Big Huge Labs

On the platform, reading by Mo Riza (CC BY)
Modified
Movie-style poster created at bighugelabs.com


Creating movie-style posters for books is already one of the options I give students for reading projects.  Using this online tool would make it even more fun for students to put their ideas together.  They would need to be careful with the images they find, or (even better) take their own pictures to upload for the poster.  



This could be a poster I could actually hang up at school, so I like how it turned out, but I wish the site allowed cropping of the uploaded photos.



2 comments:

  1. What a great tool to incorporate in reading. Students could use this for a variety of things: characters, setting, plot, theme, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the magazine cover for student work because it allows for a bit more text but still requires that they be concise with content.

    ReplyDelete