Friday, May 30, 2014

New avatar from Bitstrips


I officially have an avatar! I created this through Bitstrips.  You have to have a Facebook account for this site, which can be limiting for some.  It is fun because you can create comics of yourself with friends who also have a Bitstrips avatar.  It even showed me my friends who are already on Bitstrips and what their avatars look like.  It would be fun to have students create their own avatars for when they post to a class website or blog, to keep a bit of anonymity on the web. I know most kids don't care about that, but as a teacher, it is reassuring to know that I am not making students be too exposed when they participate in online activities. Overall, I give this tool a thumbs up!

5 comments:

  1. I love your avatar! I need to figure out how to make one. Was it difficult?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, it wasn't difficult. Just go to bitstrips.com and it will ask you to log in through Facebook, then it goes through the steps just like other avatar sites do. One thing that is fun is that it gives you sample cartoons to choose from once your avatar is created.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it Tara! Thanks for giving us the tools to do the avatar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this Tara! I just created mine too. Let me know what you think!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like how your avatar is poking around the corner in the picture! It looks good!

      Delete